Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Candle Day!! =)

Today's the day I blow out my candles! Yay-hooo!!! :) I love birthdays!!!

This day has been just another reminder of how incredibly blessed I am. God has filled my life with SO much to be thankful for!!

Here's a little recap of the blessings he sent me just today:

- a
perfect 'good morning'
- a pink gift bag with gifts and an incredible card

- a mini-cake waiting for me on my desk at work, along with a Panera gift card!! :) (WOW)

- countless hugs from my students (even the boys) wishing me a "Happy Birthday"

- coffee made and delivered to my classroom this morning!
- a birthday email from an old student that left our school, but remembered MY birthday!
- one of my students from last year even
bought me a present and wrote out his OWN card to me!
- the 'new' birthday song sung to me by my students! I just taught it to them two weeks ago and they rehearsed and practiced it so they could perform it for me!
- my volleyball girls came with big grins and smiles to wish me 'HB' prior to the start of school.
- LOTS of texts and phone calls from family and friends with birthday wishes. It's especially nice when friends from long ago remember!
- LUNCH and a lunch date! YAY!!!! =) Cabbage soup and lasagna at the local New Haven diner!
- DINNER and my favorite dinner date! Even more yays for that one!! PLUS, it was at one of my FAVORITE restaurants - The Fondue Room. YUMMO!

- A homemade card from a friend

- A card from a co-worker with some yummy M&Ms!!
- My students from last year had their 6th grade teacher call me so they could all yell out, "Happy Birthday" into the phone!
- The other 5th grade class 'snuck' into my room while I was gone and 'decorated' my room with cards, streamers and PINK things to surprise me! They were SO proud of themselves to pull off the surprise! lol
- Sharing a favorite snack of mine with my class... ice cream!

ALL THIS and it's not even 3:00!! I have SO much more to look forward to and SO much to be thankful for!!

4 comments:

lori bunk said...

happy birthday... i thought of you this morning!

Jeni said...

awwww you DO have a lot to be thankful for!!!!!!!

happy birthday!!!!!

victoria said...

See... even TWO more reasons to be thankful today!!

Thanks, girls! :)

Nina Bunk said...

whoa you made out yesterday!!! i'm glad yo uhad a great day!!!