Friday, October 24, 2008

"World's Best Kept Auto Secret"



During a road trip to see Jimmy Buffett in Wisconsin this summer, I learned a little secret about cars that nearly everyone else I was with knew about, except for me. They were flabbergasted that I didn't know! I'm usually full of useless knowlege, but this one escaped me.


Today, I received the following as a forward in my inbox: (about 12 years too late, if you ask me). So, now I am merely giving you the information in case you didn't know either. And, hopefully, if you're in a car for a 10 hour road trip and the topic comes up, you won't be caught as the only one NOT knowing like me!


"I have been driving for many years now... I would think I should have noticed the little secret on my dashboard that was staring me in the face the whole time...I didn't...and I bet you didn't either...
Have you ever rented or borrowed a car and when arriving at the gas station wondered...hmmmm, which side is the gas filler cap?


If you look at your gas gauge, you will see a small icon of a gas pump. The handle of the gas pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the gas pump. It's easy...


= If your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left!


= If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right. It is that simple!




Don't feel dumb, just go out and share the world's best kept auto secret with your friends."



6 comments:

hisbelovedlizc said...

O.K., i'll admit it - I DID NOT KNOW THIS! I feel so much smarter now!

Anonymous said...

ummm lets see i'm 3x your age and i think i learned this about a year or so ago...and in my defense i don't think that cars made earlier than the 90's had this feature! ? right??? lol thanks for the info!

Anonymous said...

Vicky~~ thanks for the Anniversary wishes and for loving us too!!! your family is so much a part of our history and our lives WE LOVE YOU ALL so MUCH!

Keri said...

wow - lol - i didnt know that either - thanks!!!

Nina Bunk said...

ok vicki, i was looking at matts truck and it doesn't work it!! his gas pump is on the drivers side and the handle is on the opposite!!

Keri said...

ha ha - I just read what nina wrote - and i was going to tell you the same thing. After I read your blog, I checked my car and it didnt work either. too bad :(