Monday, October 6, 2008

Turkey Stew?

Okay, so let me first apologize for the picture you are about to see...

Every 3rd week at work, I only get a 20 minute lunch because I have to cover recess duty. During those weeks, I make something on Sunday night that I can heat up and eat quickly before I go out for recess.

Since the weather's been getting colder, I thought it was time to bring out the slow cooker and make something warm. I don't eat red meat, so pot roast and beef stew is out of the question and since I've been on a turkey kick, I figured ground turkey would be a great replacement for beef.

All I can say is that I'm thankful I'm brave enough to get past the 'presentation' of the stew because it looks absolutely AWFUL!!!! The taste, however, is excellent and I feel that if I close my eyes, I can get by with eating this for lunch this week.

My recommendation is to stick with the beef. (ew) LOL (I am laughing still that I am posting this)

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

Mmmm...looks yummy:)

Christie_Dee said...

Please may I have some ;)